Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Saturday, January 26, 2013

great suggestion to turn RFI from a battery charger into a useful indicator:



I have a different thought about interference from battery chargers. For a totally blind person, the radio interference can be helpful. Put an AM radio next to the charger, and if you're familiar with what kind of noise each phase makes, you can tell how far along the charge is.  Another charger I have shows red LED's when charging and green ones when it's done. It, too, puts out different sounds for these two phases.   I'm not totally blind myself, but it seems to me these chargers can be useful for someone who is, as long as they know how to take advantage of the radio noise. The chargers are otherwise not blind-friendly.


John, KC0HSB,

No comments:

Post a Comment