Enjoying Amateur Radio for 48 years now. . Check Out My Commcat LIve Page, watch my S-Meter. http://k8nds.myqsx.net/ Here are a fe...
Salam sejahtera untuk semua pembaca, saya tertarik untuk menulis tentang satu perkara yang berlaku dikalangan radio amatur di Malaysia. Dahu...
Arduino is a physical computing platform based on a simple I/O board and a development environment that implements the Processing/Wiring l...
Monday, April 29, 2013
List Of Linux Operating System For Ham Radio Operator
Linux is new anymore, there are many custom Linux operating system that was designed for ham radio operators. Here are the list of famous Linux operating system for ham radio usage
1. KB1OIQ - Andy's Ham Radio Linux DVD - This is a remastered version of Ubuntu Linux. As of version 13, there are 32-bit and 64-bit versions available.
2. hamOS - A Debian based Live and Installable operating system for radio amateurs. hamOS contains many preinstalled ham radio applications as well as a custom menu. This respin is geared toward the newer linux user. hamOS uses the lightweight LXDE desktop environment and is therefore suitable for older hardware. Check out the GetExtras folder on the desktop to run some custom scripts that will automatically grab flash, codecs, and other non-libre software.
4. Harv's Hamshack Hack
5. Digipup - based on puppylinux (lightweight linux distribution)
6. Shackbox - Shackbox provide linux AND windows software like the famous ham radio deluxe, trunking software and a lot of other software related to electronics, antenna design and else.
7. Hamux - CentOS based repository with ham radio software.
However, you can choose any linux distro you like and install any ham radio applications that you desired. Since linux is opensource operating system, you can hack the source to suit your taste. Google, Yahoo also powered by linux operating system and small hardware such as switch, routers, acces point also powered by linux nowadays. Most of websites running on linux webservers. Happy Hamlinux-ing!