This antenna design is based on one by Kent Britain WA5VJB
- Brass rod (6') (1/8" diameter)
- Hollow large brass/bronze rod (9') (1/4" diameter)
- Hollow small brass/bronze rod (1' ) (3/16" diameter) Make sure the small brass rod slides snuggly into the large brass rod.
- Elastic string (3 yards)
- Buckles (2) That fit narrow strapping
- Round buttons with thread shanks (4) You can also use a pony bead, or a button with a big shank but these will not look as nice.
- Velcro ties (2)
- Thread To match strapping and fabric
- Narrow strapping (1 yard ) (3/4" wide)
- Wide strapping (2 Yards ) (1-1/4" - 1" wide) Like the bottom adjustable parts of straps on a backpack.
- Heavy fabric (1 Yard ) She is using a heavy nylon canvas, a fabric used to make bags. You could also use oil cloth or vinyl. Choose a heavy and durable fabric. Like the type that laptop bags or suitcases are made out of.
- RG-58 coaxial (10') With BNC or UHF connectors.
- Wooden meter stick (1) Or a 1/4" x 1 x 2ft. piece of wood
- Adhesive Velcro (1')
- Masking tape